Brazil and water sports, looking to the future.
With its 9,600 kilometres of coast, its 45,000 kilometres of navigable inland waterways, its great maritime tradition, its ideal climatic conditions, the fame of its sailing champions, the presence of its many boatyards, the development of its many marinas – not forgetting its 800+ million US dollars-worth of boat sales in 2012 – Brazil unquestionably has a huge potential for watersports development. In addition, the South owed itself a benchmark show, which will be achieved with the ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW, from 11 – 16 February next year.
Itajaí (Santa Catarina), watersports capital
Staging point of the 2012 Volvo Ocean Race, Itajaí will be the arrival city for the next Transat Jacques Vabre, in 2013. And ITAJAÍ has already given its consent to be the one of the stages in the 2015 Volvo Ocean Race. Determinedly facing towards the open sea and the ocean, ITAJAÍ is part of the state of SANTA CATARINA, home of many water sport professionals. In fact, 250 of the businesses operating within the State are currently members of ACATMAR (the association for watersports professionals in the state of Santa Catarina), among them major players in the Brazilian and international watersports industry, such as Schaefer, Fibrasport, FS Yachts, Azimut, Bayliner, Sea Ray, Sessa … the ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW will be south Brazil’s first international show, and will contribute to the development of the industry locally and nationally!
With its wealth of contacts in Brazil, acquired over the years through the organisation of the Charente Maritime / Bahia Transat 6.50 (from 2001 – 2011), not forgetting the appearance of BRAZIL as the 2013 guest of honour at the French international in-water boat show, the Grand Pavois decided to arrange an international in-water boat show for the benefit of Brazilian and international professionals.
Objectives? There are several:
– to promote Brazilian and international watersports professionals’ products by exhibiting them on land and in-water, in a setting which will benefit commercial relationships and new contacts;
– to generate new orders and to encourage visitors;
– to develop the watersports market so that as many people as possible can see the variety of water activities available (motorboats, jetskis, yachts, stand up paddle, surfing, water skiing, fishing…);
– to promote the coastline, tourism and water sports; and the charms of ITAJAÍ , the State of SANTA CATARINA and, more generally, BRAZIL.
Conscious of its wealth of experience as an organiser of international in-water boat shows, the Grand Pavois is making exhibition areas available for all, with:
– covered stands, inside the exhibition pavilion, and outside on dry land, to optimize the presentation of the boats;
– in-water spaces to display the boats in their natural element, and to offer sea trials to show the boats’ handling as they sail;
– varied opening hours, to suit all the target markets, being open by invitation from 12 noon until 7pm, and with free opening to all from 7pm to 10pm;
– entertainments and highlights to promote and demonstrate all the water activities to the general public;
– the appearance of large yachts, such as the Cisne Branco (a ship of the Brazilian Navy), as part of the ‘Regata Velas Latinas’, arranged by ITAJAÍ ;
– meetings designed to help professionals, and a specific forum to promote watersports and its activities, with its main partner the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism.
Essential public partners.
The ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW, (Santa Catarina / Brazil), has the advantage of the support of first-class public partners in its first show. The city of ITAJAÍ welcomes this first show, and is supported in its enterprise by AMFRI (Regional Association of the Municipal Districts of the Mouth of the River Itajaí), the State of SANTA CATARINA and the Ministry of Tourism of BRAZIL. The show is held under the auspices of ACATMAR (Santa Catarina Sailing Association, Brazil).
Targeted and public communications plan.
So as to promote the appearance of Brazilian and international professionals, not forgetting the attraction of many visitors, the Itajaí International Boat Show, ‘The Show’ has established an extended communications plan aimed at its twin targets:
– the presence of commercial teams from the show at several international events: le Festival de la Plaisance in Cannes (September 2013); The Southampton Boat Show (September 2013); le Grand Pavois in La Rochelle (September 2013); the Sao Paulo Boat Show (October 2013), Nautic in Paris (December 2013); and Boot in Düsseldorf (January 2014)…
– a media plan combining posters, news releases, radio and the internet locally, nationally and internationally with the purchase of space in the leading mass media in Brazil and internationally.
– direct marketing operations on the target markets (sailing clubs, boat-owners’ clubs, Internet users of specialised sites, boatyard customer databases …)
– Internet communication tools (a dedicated website, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, newsletter…),
– press conferences, in September 2013 at le Grand Pavois at La Rochelle, and in November 2013 during the arrival of the Transat Jacques Vabre at Itajaí (Santa Catarina, Brazil)
– press outings for the national and international press,
– the establishment of specific mass media partnerships
– the presence of an on-the-spot press office to keep up public awareness and to issue releases on the progress of the event.
The Département of Charente-Maritime (France), guest of honour at the first ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW.
In the same way that the Grand Pavois, the international in-water boat show, welcomes a guest of honour every year, the ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW will open its doors to the Department of Charente Maritime (France) for its first event. This French Department, situated on the Atlantic coast, was the birthplace of the Grand Pavois, but above all represents an essential spokesman for the French, European and worldwide nautical industry. 400 businesses specialising in the nautical industry (Fountaine Pajot, Dufour Yachts, Nautitech, Chantier Amel, Rhéa marine, Fora Marine…) are located in this Department, which has 605,000 inhabitants over its ‘mere’ 7,000 square kilometre area. That represents 4,000 jobs, and a turnover of more than 350 million € for this Department, which offers over 10,000 places and moorings over its 42 marinas. It should be noted that La Rochelle will have 4,200 port spaces in 2014, and will be the largest watersports harbour in Europe. Charente Maritime is setting a real example, so far as the economic development linked to watersports industry and tourism is concerned!
Note to editors
ITAJAÍ (SANTA CATARINA – BRAZIL)
Staging point of the 2012 Volvo Ocean Race, Itajaí will be the arrival city for the Transat Jacques Vabre, in 2013. And Itajaí has already given its consent to be the one of the stages in the 2015 Volvo Ocean Race. Determinedly facing towards the open sea and the ocean, Itajaí is part of the state of SANTA CATARINA, home of many water sport professionals. In fact, 250 of the businesses operating within the State are currently members of ACATMAR, among them major players in the Brazilian watersports industry, but also known worldwide – such as Schaefert, Fibrasport, FS Yachts, Azimut, Bayliner, Sea Ray, Sessa … ITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW will be south Brazil’s first international show, and will contribute to the development of the industry locally and nationally!
For further information: http://www.itajai.com.br/
GRAND PAVOIS ORGANISATION (LA ROCHELLE – FRANCE)
One of the top five in-water international boat shows, Grand Pavois brings 850 international exhibitors, 700 boats and 100,000 visitors together every year in La Rochelle, France, over the six days of the exhibition. A strong team of enthusiasts and professionals, Grand Pavois was developed in China to arrange three Shenzhen Boat Shows and, since 2013, has organised the Marseille Provence Métropole Boat Show (France). A presence in Brazil since 2001 as the organiser of sailing races (Transat 6.50, Défi Atlantique…), Grand Pavois brings its expertise as a boat show organiser to the creation of theITAJAÍ INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW in Santa Catarina, Brazil. Its desire? To mark these dates in the diary as an unmissable South American meeting, to develop the enjoyment of watersports for the greatest number of people, and to be there to listen to the professionals.
Photo: Official visual of ‘The Show’ 2014